Primary endosperm nucleus (PEN) is formed by the fusion of
1. 2 polar nuclei + 1 synergid cell nucleus
2. 1 polar nucleus + 1 antipodal cell nucleus + 1 synergid cell nucleus
3. 2 polar nuclei + 1 male gamete nucleus
4. 2 antipodal cell nuclei + 1 male gamete nucleus
Match column I with column II and select the correct option from the given codes.
|Column - I||Column - II|
|A.||Parthenocarpy||(i)||Seed formation without fertilization|
|B.||Polyembryony||(ii)||More than one embryo in same seed|
|C.||Apomixis||(iii)||Seedless fruits without fertilization|
|D.||Somatic embryogenesis||(iv)||Embryo develops from a somatic cell|
1. A - (iv), B - (ii), C - (iii), D - (i)
2. A - (iii), B - (ii), C - (i), D - (iv)
3. A - (i), B - (iv), C - (iii), D - (ii)
4. A - (ii), B - (iii), C - (i), D - (iv)
The following is the diagram of T.S. of anther. Identify the parts labelled A, B and C.
(1) A - Connective tissue, B - Pollen grains, C - Endothecium
(2) A - Endothecium, B -Connective tissue, C - Pollen grains
(3) A - Pollen grains, B - Connective tissue, C - Endothecium
(4) A - Endothecium, B - Pollen grains, C - Connective tissue
Select the option that contains all plants which produce non-endospermic seeds.
(1) Gram, Pea, Bean, Groundnut
(2) Castor, Peanut, Orchid, Wheat
(3) Coconut, Walnut, Wheat, Gram
(4) Castor, Maize, Coconu, Orchid
Pollination in Rafflesia is occurred by
a. carrion flies
Censar mechanism of seed dispersal is found in
Which one of the most common embryo sac in flowering plant?
(1) Monosporic, 8 nucleated and 7 celled
(2) Monosporic, 7 celled and 7 nucleated
(3) Bisporic, 8 nucleated and 7 celled
(4) Bisporic, 7 celled and 8 nucleated
When a fern plant is developed from its prothallus without fertilisation? This pehnomenon is an example of
If a stock has 2n = 48 and scion microspore mother cell has 2n = 24; then root cell and the microspores will have .... chromosomes respectively.
(1) 12, 48
(2) 48, 12
(3) 24, 12
(4) 24, 96
A fertilized egg of a plant has 40 chromosomes. The number of chromosomes present in the microspore mother cell is