Apiculture is associated with which of the following groups of plants ?
(1) Grapes, maize, potato
(2) Sugarcane, paddy, banana
(3) Guava, sunflower, strawberry
(4) Pineapple, sugarcane, strawberry
Pebrine in silkworms is caused by:-
Which of the following is not true for inbreeding?
(1) It causes inbreeding depression after a few generations.
(2) It always increases the productivity.
(3) It is used to produce a pure line.
(4) It leads to homozygosity.
The phenomenon that operates in the formation of root or shoot in a callus culture is
Match Column - 1 with Column - II and select the correct option from given codes.
Column I Column - II
A. Brassica (i) Himgiri
B. Okra (ii) Pusa Komal
C. Wheat (iii) Pusa Gaurav
D. Cowpea (iv) Pusa Sawani
(1) A- (iii), B- (iV), C- (i), D- (ii)
(2) A- (i), B- (iii), C- (ii), D- (iv)
(3) A- (iv), B- (iii), C- (i), D- (ii)
(4) A- (ii), B- (iv), C- (i), D- (iii)
The number of chromosomes present in the cells of the bread wheat, Triticum aestivum suggests that it is
Which one of the following methods is commonly used to maintain the genetic traits of a given plant ?
(1) By propogating through seed germination
(2) By propogating through vegetative multiplication
(3) By generating hybrids through intergeneric pollination
(4) By treating the seeds with gamma radiations
Identify the correct matches for crops and their improved varities
Crops Varities Disease
(1) Wheat Karan rai White rust
(2) Cauliflower Pusa Shubhna Leaf and stripe rust
(3) Cowpea Pusa Koma Hill bunt
(4) Chill Pusa Sadabahar Tobacco mosaic virus and leaf curl
In callus culture, shoots can be included by the supply of
(1) auxin and no cytokinin
(2) higher concentration of auxin and lower concentration of cytokinin
(3) Higher concentration of cytokinin and lower concentration of auxin
(4) Both auxin and cytokinin in equal amounts
Pollorum disease in fowls is caused by