Genes present in the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells are found in
(1) mitochondria and inherited via egg cytoplasm
(2) Lysosomes and peroxisomes
(3) lysosomes and peroxisomes
(4) plastids and inherited via male gamete
What is common between chloroplasts, chromoplasts and leucoplasts ?
(1) Presence of pigments
(2) Possession of thylakoids and grana
(3) Storage of starch, proteins and lipids
(4) Ability to multiply by a fission-like process
"Omnis-cellula-e-cellula" was given:
Which of the following is responsible for the mechanical support, protein synthesis and enzyme transport ?
(1) Cell membrane
(4) Endoplasmic reticulum
Specific proteins responsible for the flow of materials and information into the cell are called
(1) membrane receptors
(2) carrier proteins
(3) integral proteins
(4) none of these
Who invented electron microscope ?
(3) Knoll and Ruska
What is a plasmid ?
(1) Bacterial, linear, dsDNA
(2) Extra chromosomal linear RNA
(3) Extra chromosomal circular dsDNA
(4) Autonomously replicating circular RNA
Cell theory was proposed by
(1) a botanist
(2) a zoologist
(3) a botanist and a zoologist
(4) a psychologist.
Which of the following organelles contain DNA?
(i) Mitochondria (ii) Chloroplasts (iii) Golgi bodies (iv) Ribosomes
(1) (i) and (ii)
(2) (ii) and (iii)
(3) (i) only
(4) (iv) only.
Chromatin is made up of:
(1) DNA and protein
(2) DNA and histone
(3) DNA, RNA, protein
(4) RNA, histone and oil bodies.