Cattle fed with spoilt hay of sweet clover which contains dicumarol
1. are healthier due to a good diet
2. catch infections easily
3. may suffer vitamin K deficiency and prolonged bleeding
4. may suffer from beri beri due to deficiency of B vitamins
Somaclonal variation can be obtained by
(1) application of colchicine
(2) irradiation with gamma rays
(3) tissue culture
Somaclonal variation appears in
(1) organisms produced through somatic hybridization
(2) plants growing in highly polluted conditions
(3) apomictic plants
(4) tissue culture raised plants.
In the following table identify the correct matching of the crop, its disease and the corresponding pathogen.
Somaclonal variation is seen in
(1) tissue culture grown plants
(4) vegetatively propagated plants
Which of the following species has the chromosome complement similar to that of Triticum aestivum ?
(1) Zea mays
(2) Secale cereal
Which of the following is a correct match between crop, variety and resistance to diseases ?
Apiculture is associated with which of the following groups of plants ?
(1) Grapes, maize, potato
(2) Sugarcane, paddy, banana
(3) Guava, sunflower, strawberry
(4) Pineapple, sugarcane, strawberry
Pebrine in silkworms is caused by:-
Which of the following is not true for inbreeding?
(1) It causes inbreeding depression after a few generations.
(2) It always increases the productivity.
(3) It is used to produce a pure line.
(4) It leads to homozygosity.