Algae are useful because they
(1) are large in number
(2) are used in alcoholic fermentation
(3) purify the atmosphere
(4) are used in curdling of milk
The plant body of moss (funaria) is
(1) completely sporophyte
(2) predominatly sporophyte with gametophyte
(3) completely gametophyte
(4) predominantly gametophyte with sporophyte
Megasporophyll of Cycas has the same nature as
The plant part which consists of two generations, one within the other, is
1. germinated pollen grain
3. unfertilized ovule
In Ulothrix meiosis takes place in
(1) cells of the filament
Mossess and ferns are found in moist and shady places because both
(1) require presence of water for fertilization
(2) do not need sunlight for photosynthesis
(3) depend for their nutrition on microorganisms which can survive only at low temperature
(4) cannot compete with sun-loving plants
"Ordines Anomali" of Bentham and Hooker includes
(1) seed plants showing abnormal forms of growth and devlopment
(2) plants described only in fossil state
(3) plants described in the literature but which Bentham and Hooker did not see in original
(4) a few order which could not be placed satisfaction in the classification.
Ectophloic Siphonostele is found in
(1) Osmunda and Equisetum
(2) Marsilea and Botrychium
(3) Adiantum and Cucurbitaceae
(4) Dicksonia and Maidenhair fern
Chlorenchyma is known to develop in the
(1) cytoplasm of Chlorella
(2) mycelium of a green mould such as Aspergillus
(3) spore capsule of a moss
(4) pollen tube of Pinus
Which of the following statements about Spirogyra is correct?
(1) Lateral conjugation takes place in homothallic species.
(2) Scalariform conjugation takes place in homothallic species.
(3) Lateral conjugation takes place in heterothallic species.
(4) The type of conjugation is unrelated to homothallic and heterothallic species.