Photorespiration, usually occurs in
(1) one cell organelle
(2) two cell organelles
(3) three cell organelles
(4) four cell organelles.
Which of the following statements about phytochrome is true?
1. Pr absorbs yellow light and becomes Pfr
2. Pr absorbs red light and becomes Pfr
3. Pfr absorbs red light and becomes Pr
4. Pfr absorbs yellow light and becomes Pr .
Blackman's law is related to
(3) root pressure
Who discovered photophosphorylation?
(1) Arnon et. al.
(2) Von Mayer
(3) Clavin et.al.
Photosynthetic bacteria do not contain
(2) PS-I and PS-II
The photorespiratory carbon-oxidation cycle involves the interaction of
4. all of these.
Photorespiration in C3 plants starts from:
Hill reaction occurs in:
(1) high altitude plants
(2) total darkness
(3) absence of water
(4) presence of ferricyanide
Which one of the following categories of organisms do not evolve oxygen during photosynthesis?
(1) Red algae
(2) Photosynthetic bacteria
(3) C4 plants with Kranz anatomy
(4) Blue green algae
Which of the following is the characteristic of PS-I?
(1) It is activate only upto 680 nm of light.
(2) The reaction centre of PS-I is P680 .
(3) PS-I is reduced by the electrons released in photolysis of water.
(4) PS-I is involved in non-cyclic photophosphorylation.