Which floral family has (9) + 1 arrangement of anthers in the androecium?
(4) Caesal pinaceae
Clove is a
(1) floral bud
(2) modified root
(3) auxillary bud
Velamen is a specialized tissue found in
(1) aerial roots of orchids
(2) succulent leaves
(4) stilt roots
Coconut's husk fibre, coir of commerce is extracted from
(4) all of these
When the filament runs throughout the length of anther, it is called
(2) dorsi fixed
Which of the following is the largest root parasite?
The family containing mustard and its main characters are
(1) Brassicaceae - Tetramerous flowers, six stamens, bicarpellary gynoecium, siliqua type fruit.
(2) Brassicaceae - Pentamerous flowers, many stamens, pentacarpellary gynoecium, capsule type fruit
(3) Solanaceae - Pentamerous flowers, five stamens, bicarpellary gynoecium, berry type fruit
(4) Poaceae - Trimerous flowers, three stemens, monocarpellary gynoecium, caryopsis type of fruit
Velamen present in orchids helps in
(1) absorption of nutrients from host plant
(3) absorption of moisture from air
(4) synthesising food
Which among the following is a rootless plant?
Composite fruit develops from
(1) single ovary
(3) apocaropous ovary