Which of these are considered most essential in the origin of life?
2. Nucleic acids
Genetic drift operates only in
1. island population
2. smaller population
3. larger population
4. none of these.
The cranial capacity was largest among the
(a) Peking man (b) Java ape man
(b) African man (d) Neanderthal man
The early-stage human embryo distinctly possesses
2. gill slits
3. external ear (pinna)
A baby has been born with a small tail. It is a case exhibiting
1. retrogressive evolution
Potato and sweet potato
(1) have edible parts which are homologous organs
(2) have edible parts which are analogous organs
(3) have been introduced in India from the same place
(4) are two species of the same genus.
"Homo sapiens" implies
(1) Human race
(2) Human beings
(3) Modern man
(4) None of these
Wings of pigeon, mosquito and bat show
(1) divergent evolution
(3) convergent evolution
(4) all of these
Homo erectus evolved during
Which of the following postulates is related with Neo-Darwinism?
(1) Mutations are believed to help form new species.
(2) It incorporates isolation as an essential component of evolution.
(3) It can explain the occurrence of unchanged forms over millions of years.
(4) All of the above.