Which is not true for prokaryotic cells ?
1. They are smaller than eukaryotic cells.
2. They lack membrane-bound organelles.
3. Their genetic material is localised within nucleoid.
4. They contain a well developed cytoskeleton.
If there were present no subcellular organelles in a eukaroytic cell, the rate of
3. not change
4. increase dramatically.
Extranuclear genes occurs in
1. plastids and are not inherited
2. plasmid and are not inherited
3. mitochondria and are inherited by female
4. mitochondria and are inherited by male.
Some Gram -ve bacteria have peptidoglycan and an extra layer of
2. teichoic acid
4. both 2. and 3.
A chromosome carrying the centromere at one of the ends is called
Plasmodesmata connections help in
1. cytoplasmic streaming
2. synchronous mitotic divisions
3. locomotion of unicellular organism
4. movement of substances between cells.
Three of the following statements regarding cell organelles are correct while one is wrong. Which one is wrong?
(1) Lysosomes are double membraned vesicles budded off from Golgi apparatus and contain digestive enzymes.
(2) Endoplasmic reticulum consists of a network of membranous tubules and helps in transport, synthesis and secretion
(3) Leucoplasts are bound by two membranes, lack pigment but contain their own DNA and protein synthesizing machinery.
(4) Sphaerosomes are single membrane bound and are associated with synthesis and storage of lipids.
In which one of the following would you expect to find glyoxysomes?
(1) Endosperm of wheat
(2) Endosperm of castor
(3) Palisade cells in leaf
(4) Root hairs
Genes present in the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells are found in
(1) mitochondria and inherited via egg cytoplasm
(2) Lysosomes and peroxisomes
(3) lysosomes and peroxisomes
(4) plastids and inherited via male gamete
What is common between chloroplasts, chromoplasts and leucoplasts ?
(1) Presence of pigments
(2) Possession of thylakoids and grana
(3) Storage of starch, proteins and lipids
(4) Ability to multiply by a fission-like process