In Krebs' cycle, GTP is formed in
1. substrate level phosphorylation
2. oxidative phosphorylation
3. non-cyclic photophosphorylation
4. cyclic photophosphorylation
In respiration from 180g of glucose which of the following is formed?
1. 264gm CO2+190gm H2O+391 Kcal
2. 264gm CO2+108gm H2O+686 Kcal
3. 390gm CO2+108gm H2O+686 Kcal
4. 390gm CO2+ 264gm H2O+391 Kcal
Glycolysis is found in cytoplasm of virtually all types of aerobic/anaerobic cells. In this
process, glucose is converted into :
2. acetyl CoA
3. pyruvic acid
4. citric acid.
Which of the following is the connecting link between glycolysis and Krebs cycle?
(1) Acetyl Co-A
(2) Oxalosuccinic acid
(3) Pyruvic acid
(4) Citric acid
The enzyme decarboxylase catalyses the following step
(1) conversion of citric acid to cis aconitic acid
(2) fumaric acid to malic acid
(3) oxalosuccinic acid to o-ketoglutaric acid
(4) malic acid to oxaloacetic acid.
Which of the following is true regarding the given electron transport chain?
After glycolysis, fate of glucose in mitochondrial matrix is
(3) oxidative decarboxylation
Which enyme helps in transfer of phosphate group from ATP to carbohydrate?
Which one is correct sequence occuring in glycolysis?
(1) G-6-P PEP 3-PGAL 3-PGA
(2) G-6-P 3-PGAL 3-PGA PEP
(3) G-6-P PEP 3-PGA 3-PGAL
(4) G-6-P 3-PGA 3-PGAL PEP
In which of the following reactions of glycolysis, a molecule of water is removed from the substrate?
(a) Glucose Glucose-6-phosphate
(b) Fructose-6-phosphate Fructose-1,6 bisphosphate
(c) 2-phosphoglycerate Phosphoenol pyruvate
(d) Phosphoenol pyruvate Pyruvate