The fleshy receptacle of synconous of fig encloses a number of
The length of different internodes in a culm of sugarcane is variable because of
1. shoot apical meristem
2. position of axillary buds
3. size of leaf lamina at the node below each internode
4. intercalary meristem
Replum is present in the ovary of flower of
The fruit is chambered, developed from inferior ovary and has seeds with succulent testa in
Pineapple (annanas) fruit develops from:
(1) a unilocular polycarpillary flower
(2) a multipistillate syncarpous flower
(3) a cluster of compactly borne flowers on a common axis
(4) a multilocular monocarpillary flower
In which of the following fruits is the edible part the aril?
(1) Custard apple
What type of placentation is seen in sweet pea?
3. Free central
The examples (s) of modified leaves are
1. tendrils of pea
2. spines of cacti
3. pitcher of the pitcher plant
4. all of the above.
Oil is the prefer energy storing molecule in seeds of several plants, while excess energy in other parts of the plant is stored as starch. This is related to
(1) the requirement of concentrated form of energy in seeds in order to make them light in weight and facilitate their dispersal.
(2) dependence of the seeds totally on the stored fat for germination
(3) protective role of the oil against insect pests
(4) the antioxidant role of the soils
The quiescent centre of growing angiospermic roots of comprises of
1. slow dividing cells
2. fast dividing cells
3. non-dividing cells
4. dead cells.