Which one of the following is wrong statement?
1. Anabaena and Nostoc are capable of fixing nitrogen in free-living state also
2. Root nodule forming nirogen fixers live as aerobes under free-living conditions
3. Phosphorus is a constituent of cell membranes, certain nucleic acids and all proteins
4. Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter are chemoautotrophs
A nitrogen fixing microbe associated with Azolla in rice fields is
The function of leghaemoglobin in the root nodules of legumes is
(1) oxygen removal
(2) nodule differentiation
(3) expression of nif gene
(4) inhibition of nitrogenase activity
1. convert free nitrogen to nitrogen compounds
2. convert proteins into ammonia
3. reduce nitrates to free nitrogen
4. oxidize ammonia to nitrates
An organism used as a biofertilizer for raising soyabean crop is
An element playing important role in nitrogen fixation is
Which one of the following is not a micronutrient?
The free-living, anaerobic nitrogen-fixer is
The common nitrogen-fixer in paddy fields is
Which of the folowing is a symbiotic nitrogen fixer?