Consider the following statements:
I. Hairy leaves are associated with resistance to jassids in cotton and cereal leaf beetle in wheat
II. Low aspartic acid, high nitrogen and sugar content in maize leads to resistance to maize stem borers.
III. In wheat, solid stems lead to non preference by the stem sawfly and smooth leaved and nectar-less varieties of cotton do not attract bollworms
Which of the above statements are true?
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II and III
Match each item in Column I with one item in Column II and chose your answer from the codes given below:
I. Pusa Swarnim
II. Pusa Shubhra
III. Pusa Komal
IV. Pusa Sawani
4. Cow pea
I II III IV
(1) 1 2 3 4
(2) 2 1 4 3
(3) 2 1 3 4
(4) 1 2 4 3
Which one is the wrong pairing for the disease and its causal organism?
(1) late blight of potato-Alternaria solani
(2) Black rust of wheat-Puccinia graminis
(3) Loose smut of wheat-Ustilago nuda
(4) Root-knot of vegetables-Meloidogyne sp.
Consider the following four measures (A-D) that could be taken to successfully grow chick pea in an area where bacterial blight disease is common
(A) spray with Bordeaux mixture
(B) control of the insect vector of the disease pathogen
(C) use of only disease-free seeds
(D) use of varieties resistant to the disease
Which two of the above measures can control the disease?
(1) B and C
(2) A and B
(3) C and D
(4) B and D
The crops engineered for glyphosate are resistant/tolerant to
Which one of the following is linked to the discovery of Bordeaux mixture as a popular fungicide?
(1) Bacterial leaf blight of rice
(2) Downy mildew of grapes
(3) Loose smut of wheat
(4) Black rust of wheat
Homozygous purelines in cattle can be obtained by
(1) mating of related individuals of same breed
(2) mating of unrelated individuals of same breed
(3) mating of individuals of different breed
(4) mating of individuals of different species
Interspecific hybridisation is the mating of
(1) animals within same breed without having common ancestors
(2) two different related species
(3) superior males and females of different breeds
(4) more closely related individuals within same breed for 4-6 generations
Among the following edible fishes, which one is a marine fish having rich source of omega-3 fatty acids?
A system of rotating crops with legume or grass pasture to improve soil structure and
fertility is called
1. contour farming
2. strip farming
3. shifting agriculture
4. ley farming