The given diagram shows :
1. An alga that lacks flagellated cells
2. A liverwort
3. A heterosporous pteridophyte
4. A gymnosperm with non motile sperms
Identify the statement that most accurately describes the plant shown in the given figure:
(1) This the male prothallus of Marchantia; A is antheridiophore and B is Gemma cup
(2) This the female prothallus of Marchantia; A is archegoniophore and B is Gemma cup
(3) This the male prothallus of Sphagnum; A is antheridiophore and B is Gemma cup
(4) This the female prothallus of spahgnum; A is archegoniphore and B is Gemma cup
Which one is a wrong statement?
(1) Archegonia are found in Bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Gymnosperms.
(2) Mucor has biflagellate zoospores.
(3) Haploid endosperm is typical feature of gymnosperm.
(4) Brown algae have chlorophyll-a and c, and fucoxanthin.
Read the following five statements (I to V) and select the option with all correct statements.
I. Mosses and lichens are the first organisms to colonise a bare rock.
II. Selaginella is a homosporous pteridophyte.
III. Coralloid roots in Cycas have VAM.
IV. main plant body in bryophytes is gametophytic, whereas in pteridophytes it is sporophytic.
V. In gymnosperms, male and female gametophytes are present within sporangia located on sporophyte.
(1) I, III and IV
(2) II, III and IV
(3) I, IV and V
(4) II, III and V
Zygotic meiosis is characteristic of
An example of colonial alga is
Select the mismatch
Double fertilisation is exhibited by
Life cycle of Ectocarpus and Fucus respectively are
(1) Haplontic, Diplontic
(2) Diplontic, Haplodiplontic
(3) Haplodiplontic, Diplontic
(4) Haplodiplontic, Haplontic
Conifers are adapted to tolerate extreme environmental conditions because of
(1) broad hardy leaves
(2) superficial stomata
(3) thick cuticle
(4) the presence of vessels