The right atria of the human heart receives:
1. Oxygenated blood
2. Deoxygenated blood
3. Arterial blood
4. Venous blood
Explain the reason there is a delay in processing the electrical signal from the AV node to the AV bundle. To:
1. allow the atria to complete their contraction prior to ventricular contraction
2. ensure the right and left atria contract at the same time
3. ensure the right and left ventricles contract at the same time
4 prevent an ectopic pacemaker
The hepatic portal vein drains blood to liver from
Adult human RBCs are enucleate. Which of the following statement(s) is/are most appropriate explanation for this feature?
(I) They do not need to reproduce.
(II) They are somatic cells.
(III) They do not metabolise.
(IV) Their internal space is available for oxygen transport.
(1) Only (IV)
(2) Only (I)
(3) (I), (III) and (IV)
(4) (II) and (III)
Name the blood cells, whose reduction in number can cause clotting disorder, leading to excessive loss of blood from the body.
Serum differs from blood in
(1) lacking globulins
(2) lacking albumins
(3) lacking clotting factors
(4) lacking antibodies
Blood pressure in the pulmonary artery is
(1) more than that in the carotid
(2) more than that in the pulmonary vein
(3) less than that in the venae cavae
(4) same as that in the aorta
Which one of the following animals has two separate circulatory pathways?
Doctors use a stethoscope to hear the sounds produced during each cardiac cycle. The
second sound is heard when
1. AV valves open up
2. Ventricular walls vibrate due to gushing in of blood from atria
3. Semilunar valves close down after the blood flows into vessels from ventricles
4. AV node receives the signal from SA node
Erythropoiesis starts in:-
4. red bone marrow