Heterosporous ferns include both:
1. Lycopodium and Equisetum
2. Selaginella and Salvinia
3. Psilotum and Phylloglossum
4. Selaginella and Equisetum
The life cycle is not haplo-diplontic in:
Asexaul reproduction by pear shaped biflagellate zoospores is seen in most:
1. Green algae
2. Brown algae
3. Red algae
4. Both (2) and (3)
All the following pteridophytes belong to the Class Pteropsida except:
Sexual reproduction by non-flagellated but similar in size gametes is seen in:
In mosses, the sex organs are seen in:
1. Protonema stage
2. Leafy stage
3. Capsule of the sporophyte
4. Seta of the sporophyte
The features seen in the gymnosperm Cycas include:
I. Coralloid roots
II. Unbranched stems
III. Pinnate persistent leaves for a few years
IV. Male cones and megasporophyllys borne on same plant
1. I and II only
2. I and IV only
3. I, II and III only
4. I, II, III, and IV
Both bryophytes and pteridophytes:
1. are vascular cryptogams
2. have a dominant sporophyte
3. reproduce only sexually
4. are haplo-diplontic
The first group of terrestrial plants to get rid of the swimming sperm was the:
(1) Club mosses
Which one is a wrong statement?
(1) Archegonia are found in Bryophyta, Pteridophyta and Gymnosperms.
(2) Mucor has biflagellate zoospores.
(3) Haploid endosperm is typical feature of gymnosperm.
(4) Brown algae have chlorophyll-a and c, and fucoxanthin.