Which of the following endocrine glands is under the direct neural regulation of the hypothalamus?
3. Posterior pitutary
4. Adrenal medulla
Which of the following is true?
1. Hormones regulate cellular functions, and generally negative feedback regulates hormone levels.
2. The circulating level of a hormone is held constant through a series of positive feedback loops.
3. Both lipid-soluble hormones and water soluble hormones bind to intracellular protein receptors.
4. The ducts of endocrine organs release their contents into the bloodstream.
All the following are secreted by the anterior pituitary except:-
Identify the incorrect statement:
1. In males FSH regulates spermatogenesis
2. Thyroid gland produces T3 and thyroxine (T4) hormones
3. ACTH stimulates secretion of glucocorticoids
4. PTH is a hyperglycemic hormone
Hormones that act by interacting with intracellular include all the following except:
The amino acid derivative among the following hormone is:-
Androgenic steroids in females are secreted by:
1. pineal gland
3. Adrenal cortex
Which of the following hormones does not have an intracellular receptor?
3. Adrenocorticotrophic hormone
Hyperthyroidism [Graves' disease] is characterized by all the following except:
1. Toxic goiter
4. Muscle weakness and termors
ACTH controls the secretion of: