Identify a micronutrient for plants amongst the following:
Which element is required by the plants for uptake and utilization of calcium and carbohydrate translocation ?
During nitrogen fixation, nitrite is oxidized to nitrate with the help of the bacterium:
Nitrogen-fixing nodules on the roots of non-leguminous plants like Alnus are produced by
For each molecule of ammonia produced by nitrogenase, the number of ATP molecules required are:
The deficiency symptoms of iron, magnesium and calcium in plants may actually be due to the toxicity of
The criteria for essentiality of an element for a plant include all except:
1. It must be absolutely necessary for supporting normal growth and reproduction
2. The requirement must be specific and not replaceable by another element
3. It must be directly involved in the metabolism of the plant.
4. They must be present in the plants in a concentration in excess of 10 mmole/Kg of dry matter.
Which one of the following is not a nitrogen-fixing organism?
Identify the incorrectly matched pair
Mineral Functions in plants
1. Potassium Opening and closing of stomata, Activation of enzymes
2. Magnesium Maintenance of ribosome structure, Structure of chlorophyll
3. Boron Pollen germination, Carbohydrate translocation
4. Molybdenum Water splitting in photosynthesis, Nitrogen metabolism
How many ATP molecules are required to biologically fix one molecule of nitrogen into two molecules of ammonia?