All the following are nucleosides except:
Identify the incorrect statement regarding the structure of proteins:
1. They are heteropolymers containing strings of amino acids.
2. The first amino acid in the primary structure is the N-terminus amino acid
3. Only left helices are observed in proteins
4. Tertiary structure is absolutely essential for many biologic functions of the proteins
At each step of its ascent, the DNA strand turns:
The substrate has to go through a much higher energy state or transition state in case of:
1. Exothermic reactions only
2. Endothermic reactions only
3. Both exothermic and endothermic reactions
4. Neither exothermic nor endothermic reactions
Name the enzymes that catalyze removal of groups from substrates by mechanism other than hydrolysis leaving double bonds:
When the co-factor is removed from the enzyme, the catalytic activity:
1. is lost.
2. is reduced.
3. is increased.
4. is unaffected.
What is the term used for a protein molecule that assists in the proper folding of other proteins?
Locomotion is a very important feature in animals. Considering the frequent need for locomotion in animals, an animal would obtain the greatest benefit from storing its energy as:
Populations subsisting primarily on corn would likely to suffer from:
3. Bleeding disorders
4. Beri beri
In the average composition of a cell, the maximum % of total cellular mass [after water and protein] is constituted by:
3. Nucleic acids