Match the following diseases with the causative organism and select the correct option.
|Column -I||Column- II|
|(a) Typhoid||(i) Wuchereria|
|(b) Pneumonia||(ii) Plasmodium|
|(c) Filariasis||(iii) Salmonella|
|(d) Malaria||(iv) Haemophilus|
Identify the wrong statement with a reference to immunity.
1. When ready-made antibodies are directly given, it is called “Passive immunity".
2. Active immunity is quick and gives a full response.
3. Foetus receives some antibodies from the mother, it is an example of passive immunity
4. When exposed to antigen(living or dead) antibodies are produced in the host's body. It is called "Active immunity
The infectious stage of plasmodium that enters the human body is:
2. Female gametocytes
3. Male gametocytes
Consider the two statements:
|I:||The arm of the acquired immunity due to B lymphocytes is called as the humoral response.|
|II:||B cells, upon differentiation into plasma cells, secrete antibodies that are present in the blood.|
1. Both I and II are correct and II explains I.
2. Both I and II are correct but II does not explain I.
3. Only II is correct.
4. Both I and II are incorrect.
What word correctly denotes an enhanced reaction of the body's immune system to an antigen which is related to one previously encountered?
Interferons are secreted by:
|1.||Virus infected cells||2.||The viruses themselves|
|3.||Natural killer cells||4.||T helper cells|
Which of the following cells can phagocytose microbes only in tissues?
|1.||Neutrophil||2.||Natural killer cells|
Ringworm is not caused by:
Which of the following diseases in man is not transmitted by a mosquito bite?
1. Dengue fever
The name Mary Mallon is associated with: