Which one of the following statement is correct?
(1) Hard outer layer of pollen is called intine
(2) Sporogenous tissue is haploid
(3) Endothecium produces the microspores
(4) Tapetum nourishes the developing pollen
(4) Tapetum is the innermost layer of microsporangium. It nourishes the pollen grains. The inner wall of pollen grain is called intine. Endothecium is the wall around the microsporangium, which provide protection and help in dehiscence of anther to release the pollen. Sporogenous tissue is diploid. It undergoes meiotic division to form microspore tetrads.