At which step, glycolysis reaches the break-even point: 2
molecules of ATP consumed, and 2 new molecules synthesized ?
1. Splitting of fructose-6-phosphate to two trioses
2. Conversion of 1,3 bi-phosphoglycerate to 3 phosphoglycerate
3. Coversion of GADP to 1,3 biphosphoglycerate
4. Conversion of DHAP to GADP
(2) At point A two ATP are used. At point D two are produced.
Under which condition would you expect the mitochondrial proton gradient to be highest and therefore ATP synthesis to proceed?
1. pyruvate (present)-oxygen (present)-ATP levels (high)
2. pyruvate (present)-oxygen (present)-ATP levels (low)
3. pyruvate (present)-oxygen (absent)-ATP levels (high)
4. pyruvate (absent)-oxygen (present)-ATP levels (low)
This would occur in oxidative phosphorylation. substrate pyruvate and the terminal electron acceptor [oxygen] must be present. ADP amount must be more.
Plants can get along without respiratory organs because of all the following except:
1. Each plant part takes care of its own gas exchange needs
2. Plants do not present great demands for gas exchange.
3. Gas diffusion in plants occurs easily over long distances in plants
4. Each living cell in a plant is located quite close to the surface of plant
(3) Read page 227/228, XI NCERT
Sucrose is converted into glucose and fructose by the enzyme:
(4) Read page 229, XI NCERT
The maximum concentration of alcohol in beverages that are naturally fermented is:
1. 5 - 10%
2. 10 - 15%
3. 20 - 25%
4. 45 - 50%
Read page 230, Xl NCERT
The co-factor required for the activity of pyruvate dehydrogenase is:
(2) Read page 231, XI NCERT
In Kreb's cycle, a molecule of GTP is produced during the conversion of:
1. Citrate into Ketoglutarate
2. Succinyl-CoA into succinate
3. Succinate into malate
4. Malate into oxaloacetate
(2) Read page 232, XI NCERT
In the mitochondrial electron transport system the term Complex III refers to:
1. NADH dehydrogenase
2. Cytochrome c
4. Cytochrome bc1 complex
(4) Read page 233, XI NCERT
For each ATP produced, how many H pass through FO from the intermembrane space to the matrix down the electrochemical proton gradient?
(2) Read page 234, XI NCERT
What is the net gain of number of ATP molecules produced during aerobic respiration of one molecule of glucose?
(3) Read XI NCERT, page 234, last line