Both apical meristems and intercalary meristems:-
I. Are primary meristems
II. Appear early in plant life
III. Contribute to the formation of the primary plant body
1. Only I and II are correct
2. Only I and III are correct
3. Only II and III are correct
4. I, II and III are correct
The most important function of the trichomes is:
1. They prevent water loss due to transpiration
2. They prevent herbivory
3. They are sensory structures that decipher the wind velocity and direction
4. They play an important part in pollination of plants
Identify the incorrect statement:-
1. cork cambium is a periderm
2. ground meristem is a cortex and pith of a dicot stem
3. procambium is a primary vascular tissue
4. protoderm is a vascular tissue of a monocot stem
Which of the following has unevenly thick cell wall, has a primary wall (cellulose) and a secondary wall (hemicellulose or pectin), and is a simple, living, primarily mechanical tissue of the plant body?
Intercalary meristems are called primary meristems because:
I. They appear early in life of a plant.
II. They contribute to the formation of the primary plant body.
1. Only I is correct
2. Only II is correct
3. Both I and II are correct
4. Both I and II are incorrect.
Identify the correct statement regarding collenchymas in plants:-
1. They occur in layers below the epidermis of monocotyledonous plants.
2. Cells are much thickened at the corners due to the deposition of lignin.
3. Collenchymatous cells do not contain chloroplasts.
4. They provide mechanical strength to the growing parts of the plant.
What is the number of correct statements amongst the following regarding the phloem tissue of plants?
I. Gymnosperms lack albuminous cells and sieve cells.
II. The companion cells are specialized parenchymatous cells.
III. Phloem parenchyma is absent in most of the monocotyledons.
IV. Phloem fibers are generally absent in the primary phloem.
In dicot roots, the initiation of the lateral roots and the vascular cambium during the secondary growth takes place in:
3. Conjuctive tissue
In dicot stem the vascular bundle is:-
1. Conjoint, open and with exarch protoxylem.
2. Conjoint, open and with endarch protoxylem.
3. Conjoint and closed.
4. Scattered, each surrounded by a sclerenchymatous bundle sheath.
1. Are found in dorsiventral leaves and help in photosynthesis.
2. Are found in dorsiventral leaves and help in minimizing water loss.
3. Are found in isobilatetral leaves and help in minimizing water loss.
4. Are found in isobilatetral leaves and help in photosynthesis.