Which ion forms a hydroxide highly soluble in water?
What would you observe if excess of dilute NaOH solution is added and shaken with an aqueous solution of aluminium chloride?
1. A permanent white precipitate is formed immediately
2. No change at first but a white precipitate is formed on standing
3. A white precipitate is formed which later dissolves
4. A green precipitate which turns red on standing in air
A colourless salt gives violet colour to Bunsen flame and also turns moistured litmus paper blue. It Is:
Strongest reducing agent among the following is:
When crystal of caustic soda is exposed to air, a liquid layer is deposited because:
1. crystal melts
2. crystal loses water
3. crystal absorbs moisture and CO2
4. crystal sublimes
Which one of the following is formed on dissolving I2 in aqueous solution of KI ?
Which of the following statements is correct for CsBr3?
1. it is a covalent compound
2. It contains Cs2+ and Br- ions
3. It contains Cs+, Br- and Br2 lattice molecules
4. It contains Cs+ and ions
Hypo is chemically:
If NaOH is added to an aqueous solution of Zn2+ ions, a white precipitate appears and on adding axcess NaOH, the precepitate dissolves. In this solution zinc exists in the:
1. cationic part
2. anionic part
3. both in cationic and anionic parts
4. there is no zinc left in the solution
Brine is chemically:
1. conc. solution of Na2CO3
2. conc. solution of Na2SO4
3. conc. solution of NaCl
4. conc. solution of alum