A colour blind girl is rare because she will be born only when
(1) Her mother and maternal grand father were colour blind
(2) Her father and maternal grand father were colour blind
(3) Her mother is colour blind and father has normal vision
(4) Parents have normal vision but grand parents were colour blind.
Identify the incorrect statement regarding experiments on Pisum sativum by Gregor Mendel?
(1) He conducted hybridisation experiments on garden peas for seven years (1856-1863) and proposed the laws of inheritance in living organisms.
(2) It was for the first time that statical analysis and mathematical logic were applied to problems in biology.
(3) Unfortunately his experiments had a small sampling size, which gave less credibility to the data that he collected.
(4) He investigated characters in the garden pea plant that were manifested as two opposing traits.
Which of the following is a recessive trait for a character choosen by Mendel in garden pea?
(1) Violet flower color
(2) Yellow pod color
(3) Axial flower position
(4) Tall stem height
Indentify the incorrect statement:
(1) Tall plant produce gametes by meiosis and the dwarf plants by mitosis.
(2) Only one allele is transmitted to a gamete.
(3) The segregation of alleles is a random process.
(4) Gametes will always be pure for the trait.
The ultimate source of allelic variation is:
(2) Natural selection
In the case of co-dominance, the F1 generation resembles:
(1) Dominant parent
(2) Recessive parent
(3) Both the parents
(4) None of the parents
What can be the possible blood groups of progeny whose father and mother are of A and B group respectively?
(1) A and B only
(2) AB only
(3) All except O
(4) A, B, AB and O
When Morgan hybridised yellow-bodied, white-eyed females to brown-bodied, red-eyed males and intercrossed their F1 progeny, the F2 ratio deviated very significantly from the 9:3:3:1 ratio. this can be attributed to the fact that:
(1) The genes are located on X and Y chromosomes
(2) Fruit fly has abnormal chromosomes
(3) The genes are located on the X chromosome
(4) The genes exhibit incomplete dominance
What is incorrect for Hemophilia?
1. In this disease, a single protein that is a part of the cascade of proteins involved in the clotting of blood is affected.
2. In an affected indlvidual a simple cut will result in non-stop bleeding.
3. The heterozygous female (carrier) for haemophilia may transmit the disease to sons.
4. The possibility of a female becoming a haemophilic is extremely rare because mother of such a female has to be hemophilic and the father should be a carrier.
Sickle cell anaemia results from.
1. A chromosomal aberration
2. Non disjunction of autosome
3. A point mutation
4. Blood transfusion reaction