Indentify the incorrect statement:
1. Tall plant produce gametes by meiosis and the dwarf plants by mitosis.
2. Only one allele is transmitted to a gamete.
3. The segregation of alleles is a random process.
4. Gametes will always be pure for the trait.
The ultimate source of allelic variation is:
(2) Natural selection
In the case of co-dominance, the F1 generation resembles:
(1) Dominant parent
(2) Recessive parent
(3) Both the parents
(4) None of the parents
What can be the possible blood groups of progeny whose father and mother are of A and B group respectively?
(1) A and B only
(2) AB only
(3) All except O
(4) A, B, AB and O
When Morgan hybridised yellow-bodied, white-eyed females to brown-bodied, red-eyed males and intercrossed their F1 progeny, the F2 ratio deviated very significantly from the 9:3:3:1 ratio. this can be attributed to the fact that:
(1) The genes are located on X and Y chromosomes
(2) Fruit fly has abnormal chromosomes
(3) The genes are located on the X chromosome
(4) The genes exhibit incomplete dominance
What is incorrect for Hemophilia?
1. In this disease, a single protein that is a part of the cascade of proteins involved in the clotting of blood is affected.
2. In an affected indlvidual a simple cut will result in non-stop bleeding.
3. The heterozygous female (carrier) for haemophilia may transmit the disease to sons.
4. The possibility of a female becoming a haemophilic is extremely rare because mother of such a female has to be hemophilic and the father should be a carrier.
Sickle cell anaemia results from.
1. A chromosomal aberration
2. Non disjunction of autosome
3. A point mutation
4. Blood transfusion reaction
What is the mode of inheritance of phenylketonuria?
1. Autosomal recessive
2. Autosomal dominant
3. Sex linked recessive
4. Sex linked dominant
Failure of cytokinesis after telophase stage of cell divislon results in an increase in a whole set of chromosomes in an organism and, this phenomenon is known as:
Which of the following is not a feature of Down's Syndrome?
1. It is caused by a non-disjunction in an autosome
2. The affected individual has trisomy of chromosome 21
3. The aflected individual has a characteristic simian palmar crease
4. The mental development of affected individual is normal