When type B agglutinogen is not present on the surface of RBC of a person, his plasma would contain ____ agglutinins.
1. Anti-a 2. Anti-b
3. Both anti-a and anti-b 4. None
Person with blood group AB is considered as universal recipient because he has
1. Both A and B antigens on RBC but no antibodies in the plasma
2. Both A and B antibodies in the plasma
3. No antigen on RBC and antibody in the plasma
4. Both A and B antigens in the plasma but no antibodies.
A person with unknown blood group under ABO system, has suffered much blood loss in an accident and needs immediate blood transfusion. His one friend who has a valid cetificate of his own blood type, offers for blood donation without delay. What would have been the type of blood group of the donor friend?
(1) Type AB
(2) Type O
(3) Type A
(4) Type B
The universal donor and acceptor will be–
(1) O– and AB–
(2) O– and AB+
(3) O+ and AB–
(4) O+ and AB+
ABO blood grouping is based on
(1) presence of two soluble antibodies
(2) absence of two surface antigens
(3) presence of two surface antigens
(4) both (2) and (3)