When type B agglutinogen is not present on the surface of RBC of a person, his plasma would contain ____ agglutinins.
1. Anti-a 2. Anti-b
3. Both anti-a and anti-b 4. None
Oxalates and citrates are used as anticoagulants in stored blood because they:
1. Chelate calcium ions
2. Act as competitive inhibitors of vitamin K
3. Potentiate anti-thrombin III
4. Activate heparin
With respect to blood, the composition of lymph can be expressed as:
1. No RBc, No Plateletes, Less proteins, Less calcium and phosphorus, Predominant corpuscles lymphocytes.
2. No RBc, No Plateletes, Less proteins, More calcium and phosphorus, Predominant corpuscles lymphocytes.
3. No RBc, Less or no Plateletes, Less proteins, Less calcium and phosphorus, Predominant corpuscles macrophages.
4. No RBc, less Plateletes, Less proteins, Less calcium and phosphorus, Predominant corpuscles monocytes.
Histamine in the blood is secreted by:
|1. Mast cells||2. Macrophages|
|3. Eosinophils||4. Basophils|
A person with AB blood group:
1. Has A and B antigens in his plasma
2. Lacks any antibodies on RBC surface
3. Can receive blood transfusion from a person of his own group.
4. Can donate blood to all other group recipients
The inter-atrial septum in the human heart can be best described as:
1. A thin muscular wall
2. A thick muscular wall
3. A thin fibrous tissue
4. A thick fibrous tissue
The sino-atrial node is the normal pacemaker of the human heart because:
1. It is located in the right atrium.
2. It is the only part of the conducting system that can generate impulse.
3. It can generate the maximum number of action potentials in the conducting system.
4. It produces action potentials that are more in size than the other parts of the conducting system.
What percentage of ventricular filling is achieved by atrial contraction?
In a surface ECG the QRS complex represents:
1. Atrial depolarization
2. Atrial repolarization
3. Ventricular depolarization
4. Ventricular repolarization
Normal activities of the human heart are regulated:
2. By the autonomic nervous system
3. By the brain stem
4. By the diencephalon