An amphoteric oxide among the following is-
(1) there is direct boron-boron bond
(2) the structure is similar to that of C2H6
(3) the boron atoms are linked through hydrogen bridges
(4) all the atoms are in one plane
From the B2H6 all the following can be prepared except:
(2) [BH2(NH3)2]+ [BH4]-
Which of the following shows correct Lewis acidic strength order of trihalides of boron ?
(1) BCl3 > BBr3 > BF3 > BI3
(2) BF3 < BBr3 < BCl3 < BI3
(3) BF3 < BCl3 < BBr3 < BI3
(4) BF3 >BCl3 > BBr3 > BI3
The correct order of ease of hydrolysis is
1. CCl4 < SiCl4 < PCl5 < AlCl3
2. AlCl3 < CCl4 < PCl5 < SiCl4
3. CCl4 < AlCl3 < PCl5 < SiCl4
4. CCl4 < AlCl3 < SiCl4 < PCl5
Pick the correct statement :
(1) Borax is white crystalline solid containing [B4O5(OH)4]2- units
(2) Aqueous solution of borax is acidic in nature.
(3) Cobalt gives green colour in borax bead test.
(4) All are incorrect.
The element among the following that does not show inert pair effect is-
Which of the following compound is weakest Lewis acid ?
It is because inability of ns2 electrons of the valence shell to participate in bonding that
(1) Sn2+ is reducing while Pb4+ is oxidising agent
(2) Sn2+ is oxidising while Pb4+ is reducing agent
(3) Sn2+ and Pb2+ are both oxidising and reducing agent
(4) Sn4+ is reducing while Pb4+ is oxidising agent
The number of carbon atoms per unit cell of diamond unit cell is:-