In BrF3 molecule, the lone pairs occupy equatorial positions to minimize:
1. Lone pair-bond pair repulsion
2. Bond pair-bond pair repulsion
3. Lone pair-lone pair repulsion and lone pair-bond pair repulsion
4. Lone pair-lone pair repulsion
In which one of the following molecules, the central atom said to adopt sp2 hybridisation ?
According to molecular orbital theory which of the following lists rank the nitrogen species in terms of increasing bond order ?
In which of the following molecules/ions BF3, NO2-,NH2- and H20, the central atom is sp2 hybridised?
1. NO2- and NH2-
2. NH2- and H20
3. NO2- and H20
4. BF3 and NO2-
Which one of the following is planar ?
In ion, the formal charge on each oxygen atom and P-O bond order respectively are
1. -0.75, 0.6
2. -0.75, 1.0
3. -0.75, 1.25
4. -3.1, 1.25
The dielectric constant of H2O is 80. The electrostatic force of attraction between Na+ and Cl- will be
1. reduced to in water than in air
2. reduced to in water than in air
3. will be increased to 80 in water than in air
4. will remain unchanged
Which of the following is isoelectronic?
In an octahedral structure, the pair of d orbitals involved in d2sp3-hybridisation is
Equilateral shape has
1. sp hybridisation
2. sp2 hybridisation
3. sp3 hybridisation
4. dsp2 hybridisation