Consider the following statements:
I. Acetylcholine is released at the electric synapse.
II. Electric synapses are faster.
III. It is more difficult to regulate an electric synapse with respect to a chemical synapse.
Which of the above statements are true?
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I, II, and III
Receptor sites for neurotransmitters are present on
1. membrances of synaptic vesicles
2. pre-synaptic membrane
3. tips of axons
4. post-synaptic membrane
Stimulation of a muscle fibre by a motor neuron occurs at
1. the neuromuscular junction
2. the transverse tubules
3. the myofibril
4. the sacroplasmic reticulum
A diagram showing axon terminal and synapse is given. Identify correctly A-D.
1. A- Receptor C-synaptic Vesicles
2. B-Synaptic connection D-K+
3. A-Neurotransmitter B-Synaptic cleft
4. C-neurotransmitter D-Ca2+
Alzheimer disease in humans is associated with the deficiency of
2. glutamic acid
4. Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA)