Consider the following statements:
I. Somatic neural system relays impulses from CNS to skeletal muscles.
II. Autonomic neural system transmits impulses from CNS to involuntary organs and smooth muscles
III. Unmyelinated nerve fibres are commonly found in spinal and cranial nerves
Which of the above statements are true?
1. I and II only
2. I and III only
3. II and III only
4. I,II and III
Bowman's glands are located in the:
1. proximal end of uriniferous tubules
2. anterior pitutary
3. female reproductive system of cockroach
4. olfactory epithelium of our nose
Which one of the following pairs of structures distinguishes a nerve cell from other types of cell ?
(1) Perikaryon and dendrites
(2) Vacuoles and fibres
(3) Flagellum and medullary sheath
(4) Nucleus and mitochondria
Which one of the following statements is correct?
1. Neurons regulate endocrine activity, but not vice versa
2. Endocrine glands regulate neural activity and nervous system regulates endocrine glands
3. Neither hormones control neural activity nor the neurons control endocrine activity
4. Endocrine glands regulate neural activity, but not vice versa
Unipolar neurons are found only in
1. early embryos
2. olfactory epithelium
3. retina of the eye
4. spinal cord