Which one of the following shows isogamy with non-flagellated gametes?
Five kingdom system of classification suggested by R.H. Whittaker is based on:
1. Complexity of body organisation
2. Mode of reproduction
3. Mode of nutrition
4. All of the above
Which one of the following fungi contains hallucinogens?
1. Morchella esculenta
2. Amanita muscaria
3. Neurospora sp.
4. Ustilago sp.
Archaebacteria differ from eubacteria in:
1. Cell membrane stucture
2. Mode of nutrition
3. Cell shape
4. Mode of reproduction
Which one of the following is wrong about Chara?
1. upper oogonium and lower round antheridium
2. Globule and nucule present on the same plant
3. Upper antheridium and lower oogonium
4. Globule is male reproductive structure
Which of the following is responsible for peat formation?
Placenta and pericarp are both edible portions in :
When the margins of sepals or petals overlap one another without any particular direction, the condition is termed as:
You are given a fairly old piece of dicot stem and a dicot root. Which of the following anatomical structures will your use to distinguish between the two?
1. Secondary xylem
2. Secondary phloem
4. Cortical cells
Which one of the following statements is correct?
1. The seed in grasses is not endospermic
2. Mango is a parthenocarpic fruit
3. A proteinaceous aleurone layer is present in maize gain.
4. A sterile pistil is called a staminode.