Identify the incorrect statement:
(1) Biological names are generally in Latin and written in italics. They are Latinised or derived from Latin irrespective of their origin.
(2) The first word in a biological name represents the genus while the second component denotes the specific epithet.
(3) Both the words in a biological name, when handwritten, are separately underlined, or printed in italics to indicate their vernacular origin.
(4) The first word denoting the genus starts with a capital letter while the specific epithet starts with a small letter.
The scientific term for biological classification categories is the:
ICBN stands for:
(1) Indian Congress of Biological Names
(2) International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
(3) International Congress of Biological Names
(4) Indian Code of Botanical NOmenclature
Evolutionary history of an organism is known as :
Which of the following is the correct scientific name of wheat derived by binominal nomenclature?
(1) Triticum Vulgare
(2) Triticum aestivum
(3) Oryza sativa
(4) Zea mays
By increasing the area of observation…..and ……… of organisms will increase.
a. Size and variety
b. Range and variety
c. Efficiency and range
d. Growth and variety
a. Number of organisms known
b. Types of organisms known
c. Number of species known
d. All are correct
Nomenclature is important -
a. So that it may become easy to talk about that organism in different States
b. So that we may assign a single name to an organism valid all over the world.
c. To avoid confusion at the level of different scientific domains
d. To avoid confusion in writing research articles regarding the advancements around that organism.
a. assigning a single name to an organism valid all over the world.
b. Defining properties of an organism
c. Localizing the area of abundance for that organism
d. Assigning three sets of name applicable at different levels of classification.