Consider the following two statements:
I. Cellular organization of the body is the defining feature of life forms.
II. Metabolic reactions cannot be demonstrated outside the body in cell-free systems.
(1) Both I and II are true and II explains I
(2) Both I and II are true but II does not explain I
(3) I is true but II is false
(4) Both I and II are false
The most obvious & complicated feature of all living organisms is:
(1) The ability to sense their surroundings or environment and respond to these environmental stimuli.
(2) Reproduction - sexual or asexual - for production of progeny of own kind.
(3) The ability to growth in size due to cell division.
(4) Presence of complex organs systems such as digestive and nervous system.
The living organisms can be unexceptionally distinguished from the non-living things on the basis of their ability for:
(1) responsiveness to touch
(2) interaction with the environment and progressive evolution
(4) growth and movement
Biological organisation starts with
(1) Submicroscopic molecular level
(2) Cellular level
(3) Organnismic level
(4) Atomic level
Which of the following features can be said to be a true defining feature of living beings without any exception?
(1) They can digest their food
(2) All of them can reproduce
(3) They can regenerate
(4) They can respond to external stimuli
What is wrong with respect to metabolism?
a. Chemical conversions or metabolic conversions are constantly going on.
b. Metabolic reactions occur simultaneously.
c. The sum total of all the chemical reaction occurring on the surface of our body is metabolism.
d. No non-living objects exhibit metabolism.
Isolated metabolic conversions in vitro are
a. Living things
b. Living reactions
c. Non- living conversions
d. Non-living things
What is wrong with respect to Living reactions?
a. Neither living nor non-living.
b. Outside the body
c. Test tube reactions
d. Occurring in cells in the test tubes.
--------------- is the defining feature of living beings-------exception.
a. Metabolic reactions, with
b. Metabolism, without
c. Isolated metabolic reactions, without
d. Metabolism, with
The most obvious and technically complicated feature of all living organisms would be-
a. Sensing stimuli and responding to it.