The correct statement among the following regarding birth control pills is -
|1.||They contain estrogen only.|
|2.||They contain progesterone only.|
|3.||They contain a mixture of estrogen and progesterone derivatives.|
|4.||Progesterone enhances ovulation.|
Which statement about aspirin is not true?
1. Aspirin belongs to narcotic analgesics
2. It is effective in relieving pain
3. It has anti-blood-clotting action
4. It is a neurologically active drug
The most useful classification of drugs for medicinal chemistry is based on -
1. The basis of chemical structure.
2. The basis of drug action.
3. The basis of molecular targets.
4. The basis of the pharmacological effect.
The correct statement among the following is:
|1.||Some tranquilizers function by inhibiting the enzymes which catalyze the degradation of noradrenaline.|
|2.||Tranquilizers are narcotic drugs.|
|3.||Tranquilizers are chemical compounds that do not affect the message transfer from nerve to receptor.|
|4.||Tranquilizers are chemical compounds that can relieve pain and fever.|
Salvarsan is an arsenic-containing drug that was first used for the treatment of -
A narrow-spectrum antibiotic is active against-
1. Gram-positive or gram-negative bacteria
2. Gram-negative bacteria only
3. Single organism or one disease
4. Both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
The compound that causes general antidepressant action on the central nervous system is known as -
3. Narcotic analgesics
Compound which is added to soap to impart antiseptic properties is
1. Sodium lauryl sulfate
2. Sodium dodecylbenzene sulphonate
Equanil acts as a/an:
1. Artificial sweetener
4. Antifertility drug
Which of the following enhances the leathering property of soap?
1. Sodium carbonate
2. Sodium rosinate
3. Sodium stearate
4. Trisodium phosphate