On the basis of mode of formation, polymers can be
1. Addition polymers only.
2. Condensation polymers only.
4. Both addition and condensation polymers.
Rubber is heated with sulphur and the process is known as:
Buna-S is a synthetic copolymer of:
1. Styrene and buta-1,3-diene.
2. Styrene and ethylene.
3. 1,3-Butadiene and ethylene.
4. None of the above.
Match the polymers given in Column I with their chemical names given in Column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|A. Nylon-6||1. Polyvinyl chloride|
|B. PVC||2. Polyacrylonitrile|
|C. Acrilan||3. Polycaprolactum|
|D. Natural rubber||4. cis-polyisoprene|
The monomer units of PTFE are:
Peroxide initiated polymerizations occur via -
1. Hydrocarbon combustion
2. Natural process synthesis
3. Isomeric saponification
4. Free radical chain propagation
The catalyst used in the manufacture of polythene by Ziegler method is:
1. Titanium tetrachloride and triphenyl galium
2. Titanium tetrachloride and triethyl aluminium
3. Titanium dioxide
4. Titanium isopropoxide
The reagent that is used for converting propylene to polypropylene is:
1. TiCl3 + K/THF
2. TiCl4 + Al(C2H5)3
3. TiCl3 + (CH3)2Mg
4. TiCl4 + CH3(CH2)3Al
Monomer of neoprene is:
Polyacrylonitrile, characterized by the repeating unit is made from the monomer: