The bonding present in nitrogen molecules is:
4. Only sigma bond
Which of the following is true about reactivity of group 15 elements?
1. Stability of their hydrides increases down the group.
2. Higher oxides are acidic in nature.
3. All elements form pentahalides.
4. They do not react with metals.
The element from group 15 that forms a strong bond with hydrogen is:
The condition that does not exist in the Haber process
for the manufacturing of ammonia is?
1. Pressure (around 200 ×105 Pa)
2. Temperature (700 K)
3. Catalyst such as iron oxide
4. Presence of inert gases
Number of moles of copper used when
(i) Copper reacts with dilute nitric acid
(ii) Copper reacts with concentrated nitric acid
An element that does not have a d-orbital is:
Which of the following is incorrect about red phosphorus?
1. It is hard and crystalline.
2. It is poisonous.
3. It is less reactive than white phosphorus.
4. It is insoluble in water.
Which element exhibits the highest catenation property?
The electron gain enthalpy values for O → O– and O → O2– are –141 and 702 kJ mol-1 , respectively. The correct statement about the formation of oxides is-
|1.||Higher the electron gain enthalpy lower is the lattice energy.|
|2.||Higher the electron gain enthalpy higher is the lattice energy.|
|3.||Higher the electron gain enthalpy higher is the stability of oxide.|
|4.||O- is more stable than O2-|
The group which contains the strongest oxidizing agent is-
1. Group 15
2. Group 16
3. Group 17
4. Group 18