The chemical formula of oleum is -
The correct order of bond dissociation energy of halogens is-
1. F2 < Cl2 < Br2 < I2
2. I2 > Br2 > F2 > Cl2
3. Cl2 > Br2 < F2 > I2
4. I2 < F2 < Br2 < Cl2
What is the correct sequence of the basic strength hydrides in increasing order?
1. BiH3 \(\simeq \) SbH3 < AsH3 < PH3 < NH3
2. BiH3 > NH3 > PH3 > SbH3 > AsH3
3. SbH3 < AsH3 < PH3 < NH3 < BiH3
4. AsH3 > NH3 > PH3 > SbH3 > BiH3
The bonding present in nitrogen molecules is:
4. Only sigma bond
Which of the following is true about reactivity of group 15 elements?
1. Stability of their hydrides increases down the group.
2. Higher oxides are acidic in nature.
3. All elements form pentahalides.
4. They do not react with metals.
The element from group 15 that forms a strong bond with hydrogen is:
The condition that does not exist in the Haber process
for the manufacturing of ammonia is?
1. Pressure (around 200 ×105 Pa)
2. Temperature (700 K)
3. Catalyst such as iron oxide
4. Presence of inert gases
The catalyst that is used in the contact process is:
Assertion: Phosphorous (V) has a tendency to only gain electrons as it is in its highest oxidation state.
Reason: PCl5 can act as an oxidizing as well as a reducing agent.
1. Assertion is true and Reason is correct explanation of Assertion.
2. Assertion is true but Reason is not the correct explanation of Assertion.
3. Assertion is true but Reason is false.
4. Both Assertion and Reason are false.
Number of moles of copper used when
(i) Copper reacts with dilute nitric acid
(ii) Copper reacts with concentrated nitric acid