Which mixture of the solutions will lead to the formation of a negatively charged colloidal [AgI]I- sol?
1. 50 mL of 0.1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 0.1 M KI
2. 50 mL of 1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 0.5 M KI
3. 50 mL of 1 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 2 M KI
4. 50 mL of 2 M AgNO3 + 50 mL of 1.5 M KI
A plot of log x/m versus log p for the adsorption of a gas on a solid gives a straight line with slope equal to :
1. log k
4. log 1/k
If x is the amount of adsorbate and m is the amount of adsorbent, which of the following relations is not related to adsorption process?
Which one of the following statements about enzyme catalysis is incorrect?
|1.||Enzymes are mostly proteinous in nature.|
|2.||Enzyme action is specific.|
|3.||Enzymes are denaturized by ultraviolet rays at high temperatures.|
|4.||Enzymes are least reactive at an optimum temperature.|
In the Freundlich adsorption isotherm, the value of 1/n is-
1. Between 0 and 1 in all cases.
2. Between 2 and 4 in all cases.
3. 1 in the case of physical adsorption.
4. 1 in the case of chemisorption.
Which property of colloids is not dependent on the charge on colloidal particles ?
4. Tyndall effect
What are the characteristics associated with adsorption?
1. ∆G, ∆H, and ∆S are all negative.
2. ∆G and ∆H are negative, but ∆S is positive.
3. ∆G and ∆S are negative, but ∆H is positive.
4. ∆G is negative, but ∆H and ∆S are positive.
1. The magnitude of the charge on the ion alone
2. Size of the ion alone
3. Both magnitude and sign of the charge on the ion.
4. The sign of the charge on the ion alone.