Which of the following process is not responsible for the presence of electric charge on the sol particles?
1. Electron capture by sol particles
2. Adsorption of ionic species from solution
3. Formation of Helmholtz electrical double layer
4. Absorption of ionic species from solution
The phenomenon that is applicable to the process shown in the figure is :
The correct statements among the following are:
|a.||Micelle formation by soap in an aqueous solution is possible at all temperatures|
|b.||Micelle formation by soap in an aqueous solution occurs above a particular concentration|
|3.||On dilution of soap solution micelles may revert to individual ions|
|4.||Soap solution behaves like a normal strong electrolyte at all concentrations|
1. (a, b)
2. (b, c)
3. (c, d)
4. (a, d)
The correct statements among the following about solid catalysts is -
|a.||Same reactants may give different products by using different catalysts|
|b.||Catalyst does not change ∆ H of reaction|
|c.||Catalyst is required in large quantities to catalyse reactions|
|d.||Catalytic activity of a solid catalyst does not depend upon the strength of chemisorption|
1. a and b
2. b and c
3. c and d
4. a and d
At the equilibrium position in the process of adsorption ..........
1. ΔH > 0
2. ΔH = TΔS
3. ΔH > TΔS
4. ΔH < TΔS
The process that does not occur at the interface of phases is :
2. Heterogeneous catalysis
3. Homogeneous catalysis
The interface that cannot be obtained is
The term ‘sorption’ stands for.........
3. Both absorption and adsorption
Extent of adsorption of adsorbate from the solution phase increases with:
1. Increase in amount of adsorbate in solution.
2. Decrease in surface area of adsorbent.
3. Increase in temperature of solution.
4. Decrease in amount of adsorbate in solution.
Which one of the following is not applicable to the phenomenon of adsorption?