Which property of colloids is not dependent on the charge on colloidal particles ?
4. Tyndall effect
In the Freundlich adsorption isotherm, the value of 1/n is-
1. Between 0 and 1 in all cases.
2. Between 2 and 4 in all cases.
3. 1 in the case of physical adsorption.
4. 1 in the case of chemisorption.
Which one of the following statements about enzyme catalysis is incorrect?
|1.||Enzymes are mostly proteinous in nature.|
|2.||Enzyme action is specific.|
|3.||Enzymes are denaturized by ultraviolet rays at high temperatures.|
|4.||Enzymes are least reactive at an optimum temperature.|
The protecting power of lyophilic colloidal sol is expressed in terms of
1. Coagulation value
2. Gold number
3. Critical micelle concentration
4. Oxidation number
If x is the amount of adsorbate and m is the amount of adsorbent, which of the following relations is not related to adsorption process?
The Langmuir adsorption isotherm is deduced using the assumption :
1. The adsorption takes place in multilayers
2. The adsorption sites are equivalent in their ability to adsorb the particles
3. The heat of adsorption varies with coverage
4. The adsorbed molecules interact with each other
A plot of log x/m versus log p for the adsorption of a gas on a solid gives a straight line with slope equal to :
1. log k
4. log 1/k