Assertion (A): CCl4 doesn't give precipitate of AgCl on heating with AgNO3.
Reason (R): CCl4 is a non-polar molecule.
1. A & R both are correct and R is the correct explanation of A.
2. A is correct but R is not correct.
3. A & R both are correct and R is not the correct explanation of A.
4. A & R, both are false
In the Lassaigne’s test for nitrogen in an organic compound, the Prussian blue colour is obtained due to the formation of-
The latest technique for isolation, purification and separation of organic compounds is -
The above reaction is an example of -
1. Nucleophilic substitution reaction
2. Elimination reaction
3. Addition reaction
4. Electrophilic substitution reaction
IUPAC name of the given compound is
4. Propyl benzene
The method that can be used to separate two compounds with different solubilities in a solvent is-
3. Fractional crystallization
Method that can be used to purify the liquid that decomposes on boiling is
1) Fractional distillation
2) Distillation under reduced pressure
3) Steam distillation
Lassaigne's test can detect -
1. Nitrogen, Sulphur, Halogens
2. Nitrogen, Cyanides, Suphur
3. Sodium, Sulphur, Halogens, Phosphorus
4. Nitrogen, Sulphur, Halogens, Phosphorus
Halogen in an organic compound that can be detected by -
1. Duma's method
2. Carius method
3. Kjedahl's method
Nitric acid is added to sodium extract before adding silver nitrate for testing halogens because
1. Nitric acid reduces suphide
2. Nitric acid decomposes NaCN and Na2S
3. Nitric acid oxidises the organic compound
4. Nitric acid acts as a dehydrating agent