Assertion (A): [SiF6]2– is known whereas [SiCl6]2– is not.
Reason (R): Cl atom causes higher steric hindrance.
1. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
2. Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A.
3. A is true but R is false
4. A is false but R is true
Assertion(A): Boric acid is considered a weak acid.
Reason(R): Boric acid is not able to release H+ ions on its own.
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and the reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but the reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but the reason is true
Consider the following statements
i. Carbon form most acidic dioxide among the oxide of group 14.
ii. Pb mostly found in +2 oxidation state
iii. Only silicon used as semiconductor
Identify the correct statement(s):
1. Only iii
2. i, ii
3. ii, iii
4. Only ii
The correct statements among I to III regarding group 13 element oxides are:
(I) Boron trioxide or diboron trioxide is acidic.
(II) Oxides of aluminium and gallium are amphoteric.
(III) Oxides of indium and thallium are basic.
1. (I) and (II) only
2. (I) and (III) only
3. (II) and (III) only
4. (I), (II), and (III) only
One group of elements in the periodic table contains, in descending order, boron, aluminium, gallium, indium and thallium. Which of the following are correct about these elements?
a. Indium forms the oxide
b. Boron is the least reactive element in the group
c. Gallium forms the sulphate
1. a only
2. a and b
3. a and c
4. b and c