Dry ice is -
1. Solid NH3
2. Solid SO2
3. Solid CO2
4. Solid N2
CO is a poisonous gas because -
1. It forms a complex with hemoglobin.
2. The CO–Hb complex is about 300 times more stable than the –Hb complex.
3. It can kill a person through suffocation on not receiving oxygen.
4. All of the above
An excessive content of CO2 is responsible for global warming as-
1. Higher the level of carbon dioxide, higher is the amount of heat trapped.
2. Higher the level of oxygen, higher is the amount of heat trapped.
3. Higher the level of carbon dioxide, lesser is the amount of heat trapped.
4. Higher the level of oxygen, lesser is the amount of heat trapped.
The correct reaction(s) among the following options is/are -
4. All of the above
Carbon dioxide is a gas but silica is a solid because:
1. Carbon dioxide is composed of discrete covalent molecules whereas silica has a continuous tetrahedral structure.
2. molecules are lighter than molecules.
3. is more acidic than .
4. The melting point of silica is very high.
Thermodynamically the most stable form of carbon is-
The hybridization of carbon in (a) (b) diamond (c) graphite is respectively-
1. , ,
2. , ,
3. , ,
4. , ,
Identify the correct statements among the following:
a. is used as a refrigerant for ice-cream and frozen food.
b. The structure of contains twelve six-carbon rings and twenty five-carbon rings.
c. ZSM-5, a type of zeolite, is used to convert alcohol into gasoline.
d. CO is a colourless and odourless gas
1. (a) and (c) only
2. (b) and (c) only
3. (c) and (d) only
4. (a), (b) and (c) only
The correct statement among the following regarding behavior of in water is -
1. readily undergoes hydrolysis while completely resists hydrolysis.
2. readily undergoes hydrolysis while completely resists hydrolysis.
3. Both and readily undergo hydrolysis.
4. Neither nor undergo hydrolysis.
The incorrect statement among the given options is -
1. CO2 can be prepared by the action of dilute hydrochloric acid on calcium carbonate.
2. CO is prepared by the dehydration of formic acid with conc. H2SO4.
3. CO2 is commercially prepared by passing steam over hot coke.
4. CO is commercially prepared by passing steam over hot coke.