The incorrect statement among the following about silicone is-
1. It has (R2SiO) as a repeating unit
2. They are hydrophophilic(water loving) in nature.
3. They have high thermal stability, and high dielectric strength
4. They are used in surgical and cosmetic plant
Diamond is covalent, yet it has a high melting point due to-
1. A hexagonal planar structure
2. Three-dimensional network involving strong C—C bonds
3. C-C double bond
4. Octahedral arrangement of carbon atoms
Assertion (A): [SiF6]2– is known whereas [SiCl6]2– is not.
Reason (R): Cl atom causes higher steric hindrance.
1. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
2. Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A.
3. A is true but R is false
4. A is false but R is true
Consider the following statements
i. Carbon form most acidic dioxide among the oxide of group 14.
ii. Pb mostly found in +2 oxidation state
iii. Only silicon used as semiconductor
Identify the correct statement(s):
1. Only iii
2. i, ii
3. ii, iii
4. Only ii
Assertion(A): Boric acid is considered a weak acid.
Reason(R): Boric acid is not able to release H+ ions on its own.
1. Both assertion and reason are true, and the reason is the correct explanation of the assertion.
2. Both assertion and reason are true, but the reason is not the correct explanation of the assertion.
3. Assertion is true but the reason is false.
4. Assertion is false but the reason is true
Boron is unable to form BF63– ion due to-
1. Non-availability of s orbitals
2. Non-availability of d orbitals
3. Non-availability of f orbitals
4. None of the above
White fumes appear around the bottle of anhydrous aluminium chloride due to-
1. Formation of HCl gas
2. Formation of aluminium hydroxide
3. Formation of hydrous aluminium chloride
4. None of the above
The standard electrode potential values, Eo for Al3+/Al is –1.66 V and that of Tl3+/Tl is +1.26 V. The formation of M3+ ion in solution is favourable for-
1. Al has greater tendency than Tl.
2. Tl has greater tendency than Al
3. Both have equal tendency
4. Cannot predict.