Boron trifluoride behaves as a Lewis acid because -
1. Boron trifluoride is electron-rich.
2. Boron trifluoride is electron-deficient.
3. Boron trifluoride is highly stable.
4. None of these.
The correct statement among the following regarding behavior of in water is -
1. readily undergoes hydrolysis while completely resists hydrolysis.
2. readily undergoes hydrolysis while completely resists hydrolysis.
3. Both and readily undergo hydrolysis.
4. Neither nor undergo hydrolysis.
Boric acid is a-
1. Protic acid.
2. Weak monobasic acid.
3. Lewis acid.
4. Both '2' and '3'
The effect of heating Boric acid at 370 K or above is -
1. Orthoboric acid changes to metaboric acid
2. Metaboric acid changes to boric oxide
3. Both '1' and '2'
4. Neither '1' nor '2'
The electron-deficient compound among the following is -
The hybridization of carbon in (a) (b) diamond (c) graphite is respectively-
1. , ,
2. , ,
3. , ,
4. , ,
The B–F bond lengths in (130 pm) and (143 pm) differ because of-
1. Presence of triple bond character in
2. Resonance in
3. Presence of a double bond character in
4. Presence of a double bond character in
B–Cl bond has a dipole moment. Still, the BCl3 molecule has zero dipole moment because-
1. The respective dipole-moments of the B–Cl bond add with each other
2. The respective dipole-moments of the B–Cl bond cancel each other
3. BCl3 is tetrahedral in shape
4. None of the above
CO is a poisonous gas because -
1. It forms a complex with hemoglobin.
2. The CO–Hb complex is about 300 times more stable than the –Hb complex.
3. It can kill a person through suffocation on not receiving oxygen.
4. All of the above
An excessive content of CO2 is responsible for global warming as-
1. Higher the level of carbon dioxide, higher is the amount of heat trapped.
2. Higher the level of oxygen, higher is the amount of heat trapped.
3. Higher the level of carbon dioxide, lesser is the amount of heat trapped.
4. Higher the level of oxygen, lesser is the amount of heat trapped.