Among the following alkaline earth metal halides, the one which is covalent and soluble in organic solvents is:
1. Magnesium chloride
2. Beryllium chloride
3. Calcium chloride
4. Strontium chloride
The structures of beryllium chloride in solid-state, and vapour state are :
1. Dimer, and Linear, respectively.
2. Chain in both.
3. Chain, and dimer, respectively.
4. Linear in both.
HCl was passed through a solution of CaCl2, MgCl2, and NaCl. Compound(s) that get crystallize is/are-
1. Only NaCl
2. Only MgCl2
3. NaCl, MgCl2, and CaCl2
4. Both MgCl2 and CaCl2
Identify the correct statement from the following.
1. The correct order of hydration enthalpies of alkaline earth cations is
Be2+ < Mg2+ < Ca2+ < Sr2+ < Ba2+
2. Lithium and Magnesium show some similarities in their physical properties as they are diagonally placed in the periodic table.
3. Lithium is softer among all alkali metals.
4. Lithium chloride is deliquescent and crystallizes as a hydrate, LiCl·6H2O.
Which of the following is an amphoteric hydroxide?
Crude sodium chloride obtained by crystallization of brine solution does not contain-
Which of the alkali metal chloride (MCl) forms its dehydrate salt (MCl.) easily?
The most acidic oxide among the following is -
Ionic mobility of which of the following alkali metal ions is lowest when aqueous solution of their salts are put under an electric field?
The suspension of slaked lime in water is known as
1. lime water
2. quick lime
3. milk of lime
4. washing of lime