Potassium is kept-
1. Under cold water.
2. In ammonia.
3. In alcohol.
4. In kerosene.
Nitrolim (a nitrogenous fertilizer) is a mixture of-
1. Calcium carbide and calcium cyanamide.
2. Calcium oxide and calcium carbide.
3. Calcium cyanamide and carbon.
4. Calcium oxide and carbon.
The strongest base among the following is-
Ca, on exposure of the moist air, forms a layer on its surface as :
The incorrect statement regarding Be(II group) is -
1. It forms an ionic carbide.
2. Its carbonate decomposes on heating.
3. Its halides are covalent.
4. It is easily attacked by water.
Lithium has the minimum tendency to form ion. The aqueous solution of lithium is the
1. Strongest reducing agent.
2. Poorest reducing agent.
3. Strongest oxidising agent.
4. Poorest oxidising agent.
Calcium hydride can be obtained by heating :
1. Calcium oxide with hydrogen.
2. Calcium oxide with hydrogen under pressure.
3. Calcium with hydrogen under pressure.
4. Calcium with hydrogen at a very low temperature.
Calcium hydroxide upon reacting with moist chlorine forms-
A blue colored solution of an alkali metal in liq NH3 is due to the presence of -
2. ions .
3. Solvated anions .
4. Solvated electrons.
Alkali metal ions are-
1. Diamagnetic and coloured.
2. Diamagnetic and colourless.
3. Paramagnetic and coloured.
4. Paramagnetic and colourless.