An amphoteric oxide among the following is-
The incorrect statement among the following regarding Lithium is that-
1. The hydroxide, carbonate and nitrate decompose to give the oxide on heating.
2. It is the most electronegative element of group IA.
3. The hydrogen carbonate cannot be isolated as a stable solid.
4. It forms superoxide.
The largest value of among the following is -
The polarising power of Mg is close to that of –
The incorrect statement among the following is-
1. Alkali metals are more electropositive than alkaline earth metals.
2. Alkaline earth metals are denser and harder than alkali metals.
3. An alkali metal's electronic configuration is ns1 and an alkaline earth metal's electronic configuration is ns2
4. The first IP of alkali metals is more than that of alkaline earth metals.
Potassium is kept-
1. Under cold water.
2. In ammonia.
3. In alcohol.
4. In kerosene.
Nitrolim (a nitrogenous fertilizer) is a mixture of-
1. Calcium carbide and calcium cyanamide.
2. Calcium oxide and calcium carbide.
3. Calcium cyanamide and carbon.
4. Calcium oxide and carbon.
The strongest base among the following is-
Ca, on exposure of the moist air, forms a layer on its surface as :
The incorrect statement regarding Be(II group) is -
1. It forms an ionic carbide.
2. Its carbonate decomposes on heating.
3. Its halides are covalent.
4. It is easily attacked by water.